SCRIPTURE POSTER / CARDS:
Matthew 18:18 – Eternal Families & Temple Marriage
Use for Primary Sharing Time and Lessons, Family Home Evening, Youth and Seminary Institute Devotionals
8 pages (color/black-and-white visuals: 3 sizes for poster)
Objective: Help children/youth memorize Matthew 18:18: “Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
To Make: Print, color, and cut out poster of your choice. If printing the larger size poster, mount the two parts on poster paper. The smaller cards are for youth/children to take home.
Ways to Motivate Children/Youth to Memorize Scripture:
• Give out small black and white scripture cards to memorize.
• Once they are passed off give out the colored version of scripture cards.
• Make a video of children reciting scripture.
DOWNLOAD SONG VISUALS:
• Families Can Be Together Forever, (CS, 188)
• I Love to See the Temple, (CS, 95)
Sing, a song of your choice from the Children’s Songbook, using the song visuals that you can download from this website.
Go to the A-Z Index to find these subjects: Families Forever – Marriage – Temples
FOR MORE SCRIPTURE POSTER ACTIVITIES like this one, access the Scripture Posters menu above or
SCRIPTURE BOOKMARK: Download the I Know My Savior Lives bookmarks to share with youth. They can use bookmarks to underline or mark their place as they memorize key scriptures.
More Lesson Activity Ideas:
1. Discuss Priesthood Authority to Bind Families Forever: Matt. 18:18 “whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.” The priesthood keys promised to Peter (Matt. 16:19) were transmitted to him on the Mount of Transfiguration. We now understand that all of the apostles were to exercise that authority.
2. Talk About Priesthood Keys the Power to Bless and quote Elder Merrill J. Bateman Of the Presidency of the Seventy from this talk, talking of the priesthood: “The sealing authority may bind a man, a woman, and their children together forever, making possible exaltations in the world to come—again, a blessing from the Savior.”
3. Show video “Their Hearts are Bound to You” (shown below) by President Henry B. Erying poignantly describes why our family are so important to us, not only now but for forever. Here The Mormon Tabernacle choir punctuates the doctrine in song.
4. Show the video/talk “The Sealing Power Binds and Looses on Earth and in Heaven” (shown below) by Elder Russell M. Nelson teaches what we must understand in preparing to receive temple ordinances. (Helaman 10:4-10) CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO FROM YOUR I-PHONE.
5. Show Video – Temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints showing where a man and a woman can be sealed together for eternity – Video (shown below): A Conversation with a Church Leader Elder William Walker gives a tour of the temple and explains why temples are important to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (15:46) CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO FROM YOUR I-PHONE.
YOUTH TESTIMONY SHARING: Ask youth to share their testimony on the lesson subjects below. Click on the QUESTION* next to “Come, Follow Me” Lesson to lead you into a discussion or the sharing of testimonies.
USE IN FEBRUARY, JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST:
June: “Ordinances and Covenants”
July: “Ordinances and Covenants”
August: “Marriage and Family”
To download all YOUTH activities go to:
To download all FAMILY HOME EVENING activities go to:
To download all ACTIVITY DAYS activities go to:
To download all SINGING FUN song visuals and activities go to: