Use for Primary Sharing Time and Lessons, Family Home Evening, Youth and Seminary Institute Devotionals
8 pages (color/black-and-white visuals: 3 sizes for poster)
Objective: Help children/youth memorize Matthew 18:18: “Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
To Make: Print, color, and cut out poster of your choice. If printing the larger size poster, mount the two parts on poster paper. The smaller cards are for youth/children to take home.
Ways to Motivate Children/Youth to Memorize Scripture:
• Give out small black and white scripture cards to memorize.
• Once they are passed off give out the colored version of scripture cards.
• Make a video of children reciting scripture
• Discuss Priesthood Authority to Bind Families Forever: Matt. 18:18 “whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.” The priesthood keys promised to Peter (Matt. 16:19) were transmitted to him on the Mount of Transfiguration. We now understand that all of the apostles were to exercise that authority.
• Talk About Priesthood Keys the Power to Bless and quote Elder Merrill J. Bateman Of the Presidency of the Seventy from this talk, talking of the priesthood: “The sealing authority may bind a man, a woman, and their children together forever, making possible exaltations in the world to come—again, a blessing from the Savior.”
• Show video “Their Hearts are Bound to You” by President Henry B. Erying poignantly describes why our family are so important to us, not only now but for forever. Here The Mormon Tabernacle choir punctuates the doctrine in song.
• Show the video/talk “The Sealing Power Binds and Looses on Earth and in Heaven” by Elder Russell M. Nelson teaches what we must understand in preparing to receive temple ordinances. (Helaman 10:4-10) CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO FROM YOUR I-PHONE.
• Show Video –Temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints showing where a man and a woman can be sealed together for eternity – Video: A Conversation with a Church Leader Elder William Walker gives a tour of the temple and explains why temples are important to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (15:46) CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO FROM YOUR I-PHONE.
THIS ACTIVITY CAN BE USED FOR Come Follow Me
• FEBRUARY Lesson 3 “What is the purpose of life?”
• JUNE Lesson 4 “How do I receive the power and blessings of the priesthood in my life?
• JULY Lesson 5 “Why are temple ordinances important?”
• AUGUST Lesson 2 “Why is temple marriage important?”