Developing Talents – Goal 7
Theme: Closet Class
Subject: Help around the home, obeying and honoring parents
USE FOR Faith in God Activity Days Activity or Family Home Evening
|GOAL 7 – List five things you can do to help around your home. Discuss the importance of obeying and honoring your parents and learning how to work.|
See MORE CHOICES below to find two more themes for this Goal 7.
INVITATION: Give girls invitation ahead of time (available in book – see below).
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITY IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN BOOK FORMAT (shown right) at present at LDS bookstores or deseretbook.com or seagullbook.com. It will not be printed in CD-ROM format (out of print). We are waiting for a release on this product to place it on the website. Please be patient, or purchase it in book format (from the above websites) or directly from the publisher, Covenant Communications, Inc. 1-800-662-9545.
ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER
Closet Class! (organize room and wardrobe)
1. Obtain a Will Sloppy Sal Lose Her Pal? story and a Closet Class! handout, then read them.
2. Set Goals for Orderly Closet. Talk about Sloppy Sal, about hanging up clothes and caring for them, and about your goals for a clean room and a classy closet.
3. Basic Wardrobe Talk. Show how a basic wardrobe is put together, reading, planning, and noting on the Closet Class handout your wardrobe plans, e.g., Boosters #1 and 2 filling in blanks.
4. Draw Closet. On the Closet Class! handout, draw your organized closet inside the closet drawing (shown).
5. Closet Tour. Have a closet inspection by getting ready ahead of time and taking the others on a tour of your closet, sharing ideas on how you organized your clothing and shoes.
6. Ironing Lesson. Bring one item you have trouble ironing, and have someone demonstrate proper techniques.
7. Shoe Shine Kit. Have someone show you how to polish, brush, and shine shoes. You can sew up a drawstring cotton bag to use for storing shoe polishes, rags, and brushes at your home. Talk about keeping shoes clean, and about changing and washing shoelaces regularly. You can put colorful shoelaces and ribbons in shoes.
8. Orderly Dresser Drawers. Talk about how to keep drawers orderly, keeping the things you use the most where you can reach them easily. Add sachets and drawer liners to lingerie and underwear drawers.
9. Budget Clothing Field Trip. Visit second-hand or budget clothing stores and find two matching outfits.
THOUGHT TREAT (Button Cookies). Top cookies with an edible button by flattening a gumdrop, rolling it in sugar, and punching holes with a straw.
More Activity Day Activities:
• NEXT activity: Developing Talents – Goal 8
• PREVIOUS activity: Developing Talents – Goal 6
• TABLE OF CONTENTS: Developing Talents – Goals 1-10
|Shop STORE for more Activity Days activities like this one, or access them from the ACTIVITY Days menu above.|
for Developing Talents – Goal 7:
• Theme #1: Helping at Home (Tornado Timer – Quick Housekeeping List)
• Theme #2: Sparkle and Shine! (Learn Sparkle and Shine cleaning instructions, and Make a Sparkle and Shine Job Jar)
• Theme #3: Closet Class (Organize room and wardrobe)