ACTIVITY DAYS Goal SEVEN
Activity Days Goal SEVEN: List five things you can do to help around your home. Discuss the importance of obeying and honoring your parents and learning how to work.
Faith in God Activity Day
Choice #3 Closet Class
Subject: help around the home, obeying and honoring parents
*See below to find 3 activity themes to choose from for this Activity Days Goal.
INVITATION: Give girls invitation ahead of time (see below to download).
ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER (for this theme): Give girls this planner as it will show the activity details below. This can be given to girls who don’t attend along with the visuals so parents can assist them in achieving this goal. (See below to DOWNLOAD.)
ACTIVITY DAYS Goal SEVEN: List five things you can do to help around your home. Discuss the importance of obeying and honoring your parents and learning how to work.
Closet Class! (organize room and wardrobe)
1. Obtain a Will Sloppy Sal Lose Her Pal? story and a Closet Class! handout, then read them.
2. Set Goals for Orderly Closet. Talk about Sloppy Sal, about hanging up clothes and caring for them, and about your goals for a clean room and a classy closet.
3. Basic Wardrobe Talk. Show how a basic wardrobe is put together, reading, planning, and noting on the Closet Class handout your wardrobe plans, e.g., Boosters #1 and 2 filling in blanks.
4. Draw Closet. On the Closet Class! handout, draw your organized closet inside the closet drawing (shown).
5. Closet Tour. Have a closet inspection by getting ready ahead of time and taking the others on a tour of your closet, sharing ideas on how you organized your clothing and shoes.
6. Ironing Lesson. Bring one item you have trouble ironing, and have someone demonstrate proper techniques.
7. Shoe Shine Kit. Have someone show you how to polish, brush, and shine shoes. You can sew up a drawstring cotton bag to use for storing shoe polishes, rags, and brushes at your home. Talk about keeping shoes clean, and about changing and washing shoelaces regularly. You can put colorful shoelaces and ribbons in shoes.
8. Orderly Dresser Drawers. Talk about how to keep drawers orderly, keeping the things you use the most where you can reach them easily. Add sachets and drawer liners to lingerie and underwear drawers.
9. Budget Clothing Field Trip. Visit second-hand or budget clothing stores and find two matching outfits.
THOUGHT TREAT (Button Cookies). Top cookies with an edible button by flattening a gumdrop, rolling it in sugar, and punching holes with a straw.
TO DOWNLOAD ACTIVITIES click HERE to download all of them or below to download individually (DOWNLOADS are not yet available; check back next month):
. ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER
. Closet Class! instruction sheet
. Sloppy Sal Lost Her Pal? story
Click HERE to find the next FAITH IN GOD GOAL ACTIVITIES: Developing Talents, Goal 8 (invitation shown). NOTE: *See below to find 3 activity themes to choose from for this Activity Days Developing Talents Goal SEVEN.
Click HERE to go to the previous FAITH IN GOD GOAL ACTIVITIES: Developing Talents, Goal 6 (invitation shown).
Click HERE to go back to the Faith in God Activity Days TABLE OF CONTENTS.
*SEE BELOW TO FIND THREE ACTIVITIES FOR THIS GOAL: Developing Talents Goal SEVEN: List five things you can do to help around your home. Discuss the importance of obeying and honoring your parents and learning how to work.