ACTIVITY DAYS Goal SEVEN
Activity Days Goal: Plan and hold a parent-child activity, such as a dinner, picnic, hike, day trip, or service project.
Faith in God Activity Day
*Choice #1 Theme: We Can Serve Together
Subject: manners, courtesy
*See below to find 2 activity themes to choose from for this Activity Days Goal.
INVITATION: Give girls invitation ahead of time (see below to download).
ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER (for this theme): Give girls this planner as it will show the activity details below. This can be given to girls who don’t attend along with the visuals so parents can assist them in achieving this goal. (See below to DOWNLOAD.) For Shopping list, watch underlined words below.
ACTIVITY DAYS Serving Others Goal SEVEN: Plan and hold a parent-child activity, such as a dinner, picnic, hike, day trip, or service project.
Once Upon a Time: King and Queen for a Day (Senior Spotlight)
1. Print (see below to DOWNLOAD), color, and cut out the King and Queen for a Day Crown (shown), Once Upon a Time Spot-light Senior Spotlight (shown), and a Good Old Days Bingo Game board for each player (shown).
2. Ahead of time, take your parents to visit a chosen senior and interview them, filling in the Once Upon a Time Spotlight. Write down things you will say when you crown them king or queen for a day (see #5 below).
3. Invite the senior to your group celebration. See also Seniors Who Can’t Get Out (below).
4. If you can find old-fashioned items to bring you could display them and have seniors tell about them during the celebrations.
5. Prepare a nice meal and set a table (displaying old-fashioned pictures and things) where you, your senior guest, and your parents can sit around and visit.
6. Play the Good Old Days Bingo Game with seniors (see instruction page for rules).
7. Spotlight the seniors one at a time by crowning them with the King or Queen for a Day Crown, saying, “I crown you Queen Hanna or King Charles,” saying their name. Then read their Once Upon a Time Spotlight.
Seniors Who Can’t Get Out: Be sure to visit the seniors in your ward who can’t attend the celebration by bringing them treats and spotlight them individually. Ahead of time have someone who knows them help you fill out the Once Upon a Time Spotlight. Then you can visit them individually to honor them.
THOUGHT TREATS: (King and Queen Crown Cookie). Make a crown-shaped sugar cookie; bake, frost, and top it with candy jewels. Share cookies with seniors at your service activity. These could be served when girls plan the service activity. When they add candy jewels on the crown have them think of the jewels they will be receiving on their heavenly crown for serving others.
TO DOWNLOAD ACTIVITIES click HERE to download all of them or below to download individually (DOWNLOADS are not yet available; check back next month):
. ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER
. Once Upon a Time Senior Spotlight, Queen/King for a Day crowns, Good Old Days Bingo
Click HERE to find the next FAITH IN GOD GOAL ACTIVITIES: Serving Others, Goal 8 (invitation shown).
NOTE: *See below to find 2 activity themes to choose from for this Activity Days Serving Others Goal SEVEN.
Click HERE to go to the previous FAITH IN GOD GOAL ACTIVITIES: Serving Others, Goal 6 (invitation shown).
Click HERE to go back to the Faith in God Activity Days TABLE OF CONTENTS.
*SEE BELOW TO FIND TWO MORE ACTIVITIES FOR THIS GOAL: Serving Others Goal SEVEN: Plan and hold a parent-child activity, such as a dinner, picnic, hike, day trip, or service project.
Choice #1 Theme/Activities: Theme: We Can Serve Together; Activities: Once Upon a Time: King and Queen for a Day (Senior Spotlight), Good Old Days Bingo
*Choice #2 Theme/Activities: Theme: Outdoor Campout; Activities: Learn to Build a Fire and Cook Outdoors, Campfire Favorites