Serving Others – Goal 7
Theme: Once Upon a Time: King and Queen
for a Day (Senior Party)
20 pages (color/black-and-white visuals, instructions)
Subject: Activity Planning, Service Project
USE FOR Faith in God Activity Days Activity or Family Home Evening
|GOAL 7 - Plan and hold a parent-child activity, such as a dinner, picnic, hike, day trip, or service project.|
Print, color, and cut out the King and Queen for a Day Crown, Once Upon a Time Spot-light Senior Spotlight, and a Good Old Days Bingo Game board, calling words and rules for each player.
Once Upon a Time (Senior) Spotlight
1. Ahead of time have girls take their parents to visit a chosen senior and interview them, filling in the Once Upon a Time Spotlight. Write down things you will say when you crown them king or queen for a day (see below).
2. Invite the senior to your group celebration creating a special invitation or use the one to invite girls to this activity (shown above). See also Seniors Who Can’t Get Out (below).
3. If you can find old-fashioned items to bring you could display them and have seniors tell about them during the celebrations.
4. Prepare a nice meal and set a table where you, your senior guest, and your parents can sit around and visit. Display old-fashioned pictures and things to spotlight the senior.
Crowning Queen for a Day – King for a Day
Spotlight the seniors one at a time by crowning them with the King or Queen for a Day Crown, saying, “I crown you Queen Hanna or King Charles,” saying their name. Then read their Once Upon a Time Spotlight.
Good Old Days Bingo Game
Seniors Who Can’t Get Out: Be sure to visit the seniors in your ward who can’t attend the celebration by bringing treats and spotlight them individually. Ahead of time have someone who knows them help you fill out the Once Upon a Time Spotlight. Then you can visit them individually to honor them.
THOUGHT TREATS: (King and Queen Crown Cookie). Make a crown-shaped sugar cookie; bake, frost and top it with candy jewels. Share cookies with seniors at your service activity. These could be served when girls plan the service activity as well. When they add candy jewels on the crown have them think of the jewels they will be receiving on their heavenly crown for serving others. Note: Consider seniors with special diets.
More Activity Day Activities:
• NEXT activity: Serving Others – Goal 8
• PREVIOUS activity: Serving Others – Goal 6
• TABLE OF CONTENTS: Serving Others – Goals 1-10
|Shop STORE for more Activity Days activities like this one, or access them from the ACTIVITY Days menu above.|
for Serving Others – Goal 7:
• Theme #1: We Can Serve Seniors (Once Upon a Time King and Queen for a Day senior spotlight, and Good Old Days Bingo game)
• Theme #2: Outdoor Cookout (Outdoor Cookout)