SCRIPTURE POSTER / CARDS
Joseph Smith History 1:17 – First Vision
Use for Primary Sharing Time and Lessons, Family Home Evening, Youth and Seminary Institute Devotionals
8 pages (color/black-and-white visuals: 3 sizes for poster)
Objective: Help children/youth memorize Joseph Smith History 1:17: “I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!”
To Make: Print, color, and cut out poster of your choice. If printing the larger size poster, mount the two parts on poster paper. The smaller cards are for children to take home.
Ways to Motivate Children/Youth to Memorize Scripture:
• Give out small black and white scripture cards to memorize.
• Once they are passed off give out the colored version of scripture cards.
Download Song Visuals to Teach Youth
• Praise to the Man (Hymns, 27)
• The Church of Jesus Christ (CS, 77)
More Learning Activities:
Go to the A-Z Index to find more on this lesson subject.
FOR MORE SCRIPTURE POSTER ACTIVITIES like this one, access the Scripture Posters menu above or
SINGING AND REVERENCE AWARDS:
Super Singer Award & Badges #1: Present super singers with these Singer Award Badges and Birthday Buttons
Award Certificate: Present children with this Reverence Award Certificate (to download here).
ACTIVITY: Print poster for youth telling about the First Vision. This can be printed smaller to enclose in their scriptures to use to tell the story of the First Vision, or you can print it large for them to place on their wall journal.
TESTIMONY SHARING: Ask youth to share their testimony of Joseph Smith’s First Vision (Joseph Smith History 1:17 on the poster above). ALSO SEE *QUESTION BELOW.
YOUTH LESSON IDEAS:
• By learning of the First Vision our testimonies can grow. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, “Through our faith in the personal witness of the Prophet Joseph and the reality of the First Vision, through study and prayer, deep and sincere, we will be blessed with a firm faith in the Savior of the world, who spoke to Joseph “on the morning of a beautiful, clear day, early in the spring of eighteen hundred and twenty” (JS—H 1:14).” – “The Fruits of the First Vision” Ensign April 2005.
• See VIDEO: The Restoration: Joseph Smith’s search for truth led to the First Vision and the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• See VIDEO: The Message of the Restoration: “We declare to the world that the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth.” —Elder L. Tom Perry: The Message of the Restoration (2:22)
• See VIDEO: Chapter 2: Joseph Smith’s First Vision (1820) Joseph prays to know which church to join. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appear to him and tell him that none of the churches are true.
YOUTH TESTIMONY SHARING: Ask youth to share their testimony on the lesson subjects below. Click on the QUESTION* next to “Come, Follow Me” Lesson to lead you into a discussion or the sharing of testimonies.
April: “The Apostasy and the Restoration”
To download all YOUTH activities go to:
To download all FAMILY HOME EVENING activities go to: