Young Women Lesson Activity and Ideas
March: “The Atonement of Jesus Christ”
“Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope
through the atonement of Christ” (Moroni 7:41).
Click lesson: What is the resurrection?
ACTIVITY: FHE Poster Presentation: Resurrection Miracles match game
Encourage young women to teach a family home evening lesson to children using this FHE Poster Presentation as they play the Resurrection Miracles match game. The objective is to teach children that Jesus Christ was resurrected, and I will be too. The miracles of the resurrection are explained here. They will learn that through His Resurrection, Jesus made it possible for us to be resurrected and receive a perfect body. (See D&C 138:14.)
1. Talk to children about the Resurrection of Jesus, and tell them that because of Jesus’ Resurrection, we will all receive a perfect body. Sometimes in this life we suffer physical difficulties, but through Christ’s Resurrection everything about our bodies will be restored to its perfect form when we are resurrected. Read and talk about:
• Alma 40:23: “The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.”
• D&C 9:14: “Stand fast in the work wherewith I have called you, and a hair of your head shall not be lost, and you shall be lifted up at the last day.”
2. Tell children that they are going to learn about those who have lived on the earth and passed on. They are now in the grave, but we have hope that, because of Jesus’ resurrection, they will live again. Read D&C 138:14, “All these had departed the mortal life, firm in the hope of a glorious resurrection, through the grace of God the Father and his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.”
3. Mount the match cards on the board with the first part of the card/story on the left and the second part of the card/story on the right. Have children take turns finding matching cards by matching up the body part and reading the story. Two children can team up and do this, each one reading their part of the card (with the child who retrieved the card on the left of the board reading his first).
4. Talk about each situation and how nice it will be when we can all be resurrected. If there is time, have children share stories of loved ones who have passed and why they will be happy when they are resurrected.
SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS ACTIVITY.
TO MAKE: Print activity in color or black and white. You will find match cards with two-part stories.
TESTIMONY SHARING: The following week ask young women to share their thoughts on the resurrection.
MORE “COME FOLLOW ME” LESSON ACTIVITIES:
Click HERE to find the NEXT activity (Temptation Traps and Escapes brainstorm) for the MARCH young women lesson, “How can the Atonement help me during my trials?”.
Click HERE to find the PREVIOUS activity (Kindly Forgive bite-size memorize poster) for the MARCH young women lesson, “Why do I need to forgive others?”.
Click HERE to go back to the March TABLE OF CONTENTS.
SOURCE ST 2010 #2