Use for Young Women, Young Men, or Youth,
Family Home Evening, Primary Sharing Time, or Activity Days
Resurrection Miracles match game
ACTIVITY: Youth can present this activity by mounting visuals on a poster to present to a youth group, family home evening, or a Primary activity. As youth plays the match game they can learn that Jesus Christ was resurrected, and we will be too. The miracles of the resurrection are explained here. They will learn that through His Resurrection, Jesus made it possible for us to be resurrected and receive a perfect body. (See D&C 138:14.)
1. Talk to children about the Resurrection of Jesus, and tell them that because of Jesus’ Resurrection, we will all receive a perfect body. Sometimes in this life we suffer physical difficulties, but through Christ’s Resurrection everything about our bodies will be restored to its perfect form when we are resurrected. Read and talk about:
• Alma 40:23: “The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.”
• D&C 9:14: “Stand fast in the work wherewith I have called you, and a hair of your head shall not be lost, and you shall be lifted up at the last day.”
2. Tell children that they are going to learn about those who have lived on the earth and passed on. They are now in the grave, but we have hope that, because of Jesus’ resurrection, they will live again. Read D&C 138:14, “All these had departed the mortal life, firm in the hope of a glorious resurrection, through the grace of God the Father and his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ.”
3. Mount the match cards on the board with the first part of the card/story on the left and the second part of the card/story on the right. Have children take turns finding matching cards by matching up the body part and reading the story. Two children can team up and do this, each one reading their part of the card (with the child who retrieved the card on the left of the board reading his first).
4. Talk about each situation and how nice it will be when we can all be resurrected. If there is time, have children share stories of loved ones who have passed and why they will be happy when they are resurrected.
Print activity in color or black and white; then color. You will find match cards with two-part stories.
TESTIMONY SHARING: Ask youth to share their testimony of the resurrection.
BITE-SIZE MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE POSTER: Share this poster with youth to help them memorize key scriptures – helping them build their missionary skills. Click John 3:16 to download scripture in three sizes: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
USE IN MARCH:
March: “The Atonement of Jesus Christ”
“Come Follow Me” Lesson: What is the resurrection?
To download all YOUTH activities go to:
To download all FAMILY HOME EVENING activities go to: