Happy New Year!
3 (6-ounce) Greek yogurt
(strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry)
1/2 cup each Berries: strawberries
boysenberries raspberries blueberries
1 1/2 cups soy or dairy whipped cream
1 cup pomegranate seeds
Place first layer of yogurt in center of a large pie-plate with sliced strawberries on the corners. Add fruit and dollops of remaining yogurt and whipped cream. Top with pomegranate seeds. Serves six.
One of my favorite quotes is shown here (“…the winter is kind and leaves red berries on the boughs for hungry sparrows…” ― John Geddes, A Familiar Rain). Ringing in the new year with this quote gives us a fresh approach to giving. It impresses me to leave something behind in my teaching this year, like the pioneers who planted gardens they would never harvest.
TO COPY IMAGES & RECIPE CARD: Right click on photo and recipe to paste and print from a word document).
Recipe Source (copyright): Pomegranate & Berry Yogurt is designed by Jennifer Ross – The Quote Queen –quotequeenquotes.com. Jennifer is the daughter of Mary H. Ross, Author of gospelgrabbag.com.
Ingredients: Bread dough, food coloring, milk, pretzel (arms), powdered sugar, cardboard and foil to mount snowman on.
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Form raised-bread dough into this snowman shape onto an oiled cookie
3. Before baking, paint features with food coloring mixed with milk.
Optional Tip: Paint hat rim, eyes, nose, mouth, scarf, and buttons separately before adding to breaded snowman.
4. Add pretzel arms.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes.
6. Place Bread Snowman on foil-covered cardboard and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe Source (copyright): Snowman Bread is designed by Jennifer Ross – The Quote Queen – quotequeenquotes.com. Jennifer is the daughter of Mary H. Ross, Author of gospelgrabbag.com.
MORE CHRISTMAS IDEAS:
#3 POST-AND-PRESENT CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES: – AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD HERE –
(1) Trimming the Family Tree: Gifts-to-Jesus Seek-and-Service Match Game (TO DOWNLOAD)
(2) Gifts from Jesus Think-and-Tell (TO DOWNLOAD)
(3) Jesus Is My Light – Choose the Right Light (TO DOWNLOAD)