We are fully aware that family home evening can be a struggle, but it can also be nearly picture perfect. Have you ever heard the saying, “It is the only fight that begins and ends with prayer!” Well, that is just reality sometimes, but it isn’t always like that. We hope to ease the burden and help provide you with something fun, engaging and full of gospel truths.
FAMILY HOME EVENING OPTIONS:
1. Download instant FAMILY HOME EVENING ACTIVITIES . . .
2. Download TEEN LESSON ACTIVITIES . . . Below preview the youth lesson activities for “Come, Follow Me” Program for January – December 2016 on “Building Up the Kingdom”:
3. Download SONG VISUALS AND ACTIVITIES . . .
. . .
4. Download SCRIPTURE POSTER Activities . . .
. . .
Sometimes just a scripture to memorize during family home evening is enough. These mini-lessons are ideal for a spur of the moment lesson as most of them include a story and/or a video to watch to bring more meaning to the scriptures, plus there are three sizes to display and share small scripture cards for children or youth to take and memorize during the week. You will find some simple illustrations and some rebus messages that may be challenging to figure out the words.
5. Download “Faith in God” ACTIVITY DAYS Activities . . .
Family home evening fun begins here. Enjoy!
BOOKS AND CDs to Purchase:
6. Gospel Fun Activities: Quick-and-Easy Family Home Evenings and Sharing Time Presentation (book with CD-ROM included)
. Click HERE to view the lesson and activities.
. Click HERE to view the images on Pinterest.
. Click HERE to purchase the book/CD or call an LDS bookstore to obtain.
These post-and-present activities can also be used for Primary sharing time. Subjects are: Accountability, Choose the Right, Commandments, Faith, Follow Jesus, Holy Ghost, Missionary Talents, Missionary Work, Repentance, Second Coming, Service, and Testimony.
7. Short and Sweet with a Treat! 52 Already Done, Ready-for-Fun Family Home Evenings (book with CD-ROM to print images in color or black and white). Activities help children live My Gospel Standards.
. Click HERE to view the lesson activities.
. Click HERE to view images on Pinterest.
. Click HERE to purchase the book/CD online or call an LDS bookstore to order.
Young Women Fun-tastic! Personal Progress Motivators (book and CD-ROM to print a planner form for every Personal Progress goal). Your young women teens in your home will love these forms they can post on their mirror as they achieve each goal. Parents can be a great influence to help them achieve, looking for ways they can achieve on the home-front.
• Click BOOK or CD-ROM to purchase the book/CD online or call an LDS bookstore to order.
9. Sunday Savers: book and CD-ROM for the current Primary Sharing Time theme each year.
. Click HERE to preview the current year’s theme.
10. Sunday Savers: A-Z Activities to Make Learning Fun
We have created over 600 activities that match the Church lesson manuals 1-6 for Primary. They are only available in books or CD-ROMs. Visit the PRIMARY menu at the top to find previews for each.
Preview all by clicking on the PINTEREST links below for children ages 2-7:
• NURSERY, Age 2 – 62 activities for 31 lessons
• SUNBEAMS, Age 3 – 92 activities for 46 lessons
• CTR-A, Ages 4-7 – 46 activities
• CTR-B, Ages 4-7 – 47 activities
• Children Ages 8-11 activities: Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants/Church History
11. “Sweet” Treat Ideas: We will spotlight over 1,000 treat ideas and point you to the lessons you can teach in family home evening that match with the treats. Starting with a treat really gets children into the spirit of family home evening. Simply shop ahead for the ingredients and let children cook. The sweet smells permeate the air and children know family home evening is near.
. Click HERE to find “Sweet” Treat Ideas or go to the page at the top of this website.
12. Gospel Games: “Families that play together, stay together.” We have games galore that you can purchase and download.
• Visit the GOSPEL GAMES STORE for tons of games to download.
• Purchase STUPOR – the quick-thinking LDS game that often leads to a Stupor of thought. You’ll find over 250 gospel cards to quickly name an answer (shown).
Game Description: Want to show off your knowledge about the gospel? With STUPOR, you can do it—but if you can’t think quickly enough and have a stupor of thought, you just might miss your chance to win! STUPOR is a fast-paced game that challenges players to blurt out an answer to a subject before their opponent can beat them to it.
• Purchase QUIZ-DECK “BOOK OF MORMON QUIZ-BEE” a fan-deck (shown right) of 28 stories with 195 questions and answers. Great for baptism gifts or for missionaries wanting to share the gospel – handy to place in their pocket and give to investigators. See preview of deck on the GOSPEL GAMES page.
• Purchase QUIZ-DECK “ARTICLES OF FAITH QUIZ-BEE” a fan-deck (shown below/left) of 13 picture-perfect memory cards, 14 fun games, and over 195 questions and answers. Again, this is perfect for a baptism gift as children ages 8-11 need to memorize and understand these. Great for missionaries to give to investigators. See preview of deck on the GOSPEL GAMES page.
13. THEME ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR: Sharing Time Activities – for Primary and Family Home Evening: Each year to match the primary current theme we have an entire book filled with activities you can teach children at home. So they don’t miss, purchase the current year’s book.
Older children love to present these activities at home, so parents rest easy. They can be posted on the wall or placed on the table or floor where you can sit and talk about important gospel subjects. They really invite family discussion.
TO PURCHASE THE “Sunday Savers Sharing Fun! I Know the Scriptures Are True!” book or CD-ROM.
TO PREVIEW AND PURCHASE CLICK HERE
This is our 18th year with this Sharing Time series.
PREVIEW SLIDESHOW OF ALL 2016 “I Know the Scriptures Are True!” SHARING TIME AND FAMILY HOME EVENING ACTIVITIES:
PREVIEW SLIDESHOW OF ALL ACTIVITIES below or see activities on Pinterest:
PROPHET QUOTES ON FAMILY HOME EVENING:
“It is in the home that we form our attitudes, our deeply held beliefs. It is in the home that hope is fostered or destroyed. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.” Precious Children—A Gift from God, Thomas S. Monson, Prophet (2013) Ensign Nov. 1991 – Click HERE to find.
“One way for you to reproduce the successes of Father Lehi is by the way you lead family prayers and family time, such as family home evenings,”
Families under Covenant, By President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency – Click HERE to find.
“Give children opportunities to pray, when they can pray, for each other in the circle who need blessings. Discern quickly the beginnings of discord and recognize acts of unselfish service, especially to each other. When they pray for each other and serve each other, hearts will be softened and turned to each other and to their parents.” Families under Covenant, By President Henry B. Eyring First Counselor in the First Presidency – Click HERE to find.
“Insisting that you have a picture-perfect family home evening each week—even though doing so makes you and everyone around you miserable—may not be the best choice. Instead, ask yourself, “What could we do as a family that would be enjoyable and spiritual and bring us closer together?” That family home evening—though it may be modest in scope and execution—may have far more positive long-term results.” Forget Me Not, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, – Click HERE to find.