Learning and Living the Gospel
GOAL 1 - Explain how taking the sacrament helps you renew your baptismal covenant. In a family home evening, teach others about things we can do to remain faithful.
THEME: I Will Remain Faithful
INVITATION: Give girls invitation ahead of time (see below to DOWNLOAD).
ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER (for this theme): Give girls this planner as it will show the activity details below. This can be given to girls who don’t attend along with the visuals so parents can assist them in achieving this goal. (See below to DOWNLOAD.)
ACTIVITY DAYS Goal Part 1: Explain how taking the sacrament helps you renew your baptismal covenant.
Activity: Sunshine Promises (Mirror Motivator)
1. Print and color the Sunshine Promises Mirror Motivator (shown; see below to DOWNLOAD).
2. Place the sun/Jesus picture on your mirror and write on each sun ray what you will do to keep this baptismal covenant. Example: On the “Stand as a Witness” sun ray you might write, “I will bear my testimony.” Put a different sun ray up every two days and work on it, completing the five sun rays in the next two weeks.
3. Read the sacrament prayer in D&C 20: 77, 79. Talk about the promise we make while we take the sacrament: “I will always remember Him.” This promise is found on the Sunshine Promises Mirror Motivator.
ACTIVITY DAYS Goal Part 2: In a family home evening, teach others about things we can do to remain faithful.
Activity: Faithful Footsteps Game (Family Home Evening Activity)
1. Print the Faithful Footsteps Game Family Home Evening Activity situations (see below to DOWNLOAD) and obtain a spoon for every player. Cut up the situations and place them in a container.
2. Read about covenants and promises in Mosiah 5:2, 5, and Mosiah 18:7-17.
3. Play the Faithful Footsteps Game (shown right).
How to Play: (1) Sit in a circle with a spoon for every player, taking away one spoon to start. (2) Have someone draw a situation and call it out. If the action is something faithful, everyone grabs a spoon. The person without a spoon goes out, taking a spoon with them. (3) Keep playing until you find a winner. The winner is the one who grabs the last spoon. Play again and again until all situations are read. If you run out of situations before the game ends, refer to previously read situations again until the game ends.
THOUGHT TREAT: (Promise Pudding). Give each girl a small container of pudding.
Thought: Talk about the promises we make at baptism to keep Heavenly Father’s commandments. With every bite, have girls name these commandments. Tell them that just as pudding is smooth, we too can become smooth (perfect) as we strive to live the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
. Sunshine invitation
. ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER
. Sunshine Promises mirror motivators
. Faithful Footsteps Game Family Home Evening Activity situations
. Click HERE to find the next Learning and Living the Gospel Activity Goal 2
. Click HERE to find the Learning and Living the Gospel TABLE OF CONENTS
. Click HERE to find the main Activity Days TABLE OF CONTENTS