For: Activity Days, Primary Sharing Time, Young Women, Seminary, or Family Home Evening
• 1 Invitation 1 Activity
• 10 pages (color/black-and-white visuals, instructions)
• Lesson Ideas For: Good Citizenship – Obeying the Law – Community Service
• Goal Activities (below) For:
Serving Others – Goal 8
Theme: Good Citizen: My Actions Affect Others
Invite Activity Days girls to this activity using invitation.
Other Uses For This Same Invitation: Use to invite girls to anything activity where they can really shine! (1) Shine up a senior’s house by washing windows, dishes, floors, dusting, etc. (2) Talent Show where girls can tell about their interests, hobbies, or even perform a little. (3) Spotlighting Shinning Examples those whom they admire.
PREPARATION FOR ACTIVITY:
• Print invitations, color, and give out a week ahead or have them ready to give to girls at a current activity, inviting them to the next.
• Have girls who are more active take the invitation to those less active.
• See matching THOUGHT TREATS below each activity.
• Have girls share their favorite recipes with you and you could make them during Activity Days or have them make them ahead to share.
• With the Activity Days budget have girl help you plan treats ahead for the next activity – hopefully treats that go along with the goal or lesson theme.
ACTIVITY DAYS PLANNER
Serving Others Goal 8:
Read the twelfth article of faith. Discuss what it means to be a good citizen and how your actions can affect others.
1. Print, color, and cut out the Action and Reaction Missing Card Match Game cards.
2. Talk about what it means to be a good citizen to build up your community and your country. What can you do to be a good citizen? What can you contribute to make your world better?
1. Cut the cards in half where indicated. Put the matching halves together and talk about each action and what the reaction is (how your actions affect others).
2. Mix up the card halves and turn them facedown. Divide into teams and take turns turning the cards over to make a match, e.g., “Donate a toy to a charity,” matches with “Blesses the life of a needy child.” The team with the most cards wins!
THOUGHT TREATS: (Circle of Love Cinnamon Rolls). Make or purchase cinnamon rolls.
Thought: As you eat, talk about the circle in the roll and the circle of love and influence we have on others that is never ending. Name ways we can include others in our circle of love. Talk about Abraham and how he included Lot into his circle of love (see Primary 6 Old Testament Lesson 10 “Abraham and Lot”).
12th Article of Faith Memorization:
DOWNLOAD Articles of Faith 1:12 SCRIPTURE POSTER to help youth learn the scripture and then reward them with a colored scripture card (included in the download).
More Activity Day Activities:
• NEXT activity: Serving Others – Goal 9
• PREVIOUS activity: Serving Others – Goal 7
• TABLE OF CONTENTS: Serving Others – Goals 1-10
|Shop STORE for more Activity Days activities this one, or access like them from the ACTIVITY Days menu above.|