ACTIVITY: Warm Fuzzy Righteous Reminders bookmark and poster
1. Warm Fuzzy mirror motivator reminds youth of the six ways we can feel close to the Savior each day. Share thoughts about each challenge.
2. Quote Bookmark is a reminder to draw close to the Savior by serving Him every day.
Post the Motivator: Ask youth to post this on their mirror during the week to read and try to live these six challenges every day. As they do, they can cut out a smile sticker and glue the sticker on the pom-pom as a reward.
Use for Young Women, Young Men, Seminary, Family Home Evening, Primary Sharing Time or “Faith in God” Activity Days
- Give each youth a bookmark to remind them to draw close to the Savior by serving Him every day.
- Give them a Warm Fuzzy goal chart to place on their mirror as a motivator to remind them of the six ways we can feel close to the Savior each day. Ask youth to share their thoughts about each challenge.
Post the Goal Chart: Give youth six pom-poms (found at a craft store) to glue-mount on circles. Ask them to post the Warm Fuzzy chart on their mirror during the week to try to live these six challenges every day. After practicing each challenge have them glue a smile sticker on the pom-pom as a reward. Option: Instead of pom-poms you can cut in half firm cotton balls.
“MIRROR TELL ME TRUE” Small Acts of Kindness Brainstorm.
Brainstorm and write down, to preserve in a file for each youth, a list of small acts of kindness they can do for others. Encourage them to look into the mirror and say, “Mirror, mirror, tell me true. Is His image in my countenance too?” As they say this, they can look at the list and perform small acts of kindness.
Ideas: • A sweet anonymous note • A phone call to someone less active • A friendly touch • A smile • Breakfast in bed for a family member • A compliment • Find out someone’s favorite goody, make it for them, and deliver with a smile
HAPPINESS GIFT Scripture Search: Ask youth and leaders to share ideas on how they can be happy by serving others. Place a gift box on the table, labeled, “Happiness is a gift I can give myself as I serve others.” Cut a hole in the back of the gift box (or lift the lid) to fill with names of those participating. Draw names from the box to present their ideas. Assign several scriptures to read that tell ways to be happy through service: 1 Nephi 8:10; 2 Nephi 2:13; Mosiah 2:17; 2:41; Mosiah 16:11; Alma 3:26; 27:18; 41:5; 10; 4 Nephi 1:15; D&C 4:2; 76:5.
Ideas: Balance your life with personal care and selfless care (serving others). Focus on grooming self and taking care of personal needs quickly, then serve others. This selfless act of taking your mind off yourself and focusing on others will bring a lasting joy that does not come from self-focus.
THIS ACTIVITY CAN BE USED FOR Come Follow Me:
• JANUARY Lesson 3 “Why is Jesus Christ important in my life?” . . . GO HERE FOR MORE LESSON IDEAS
• JULY Lesson 6 “What does it mean to take up on the name of Jesus Christ?”
• OCTOBER Lesson 1 “How can I become more Christlike?”